Cheer Competition Exhibition for Global Day of Inclusion at Soldier Field Stadium - Chicago, IL. July 2018
For a sport in Special Olympics to become official, step-by-step procedures must be followed:
- Align with international and national sport federation.
- Form a Sport Resource Team.
- Determine universal set of rules.
- Health assessment by Medical Advisory Committee.
- Coaching Guidelines.
- At least 24 programs in 3 Special Olympics regions.
As of December 2018, the Cheerleading Resource Team finalized Competitive Cheerleading Rules for Special Olympics. Special Olympics programs in the United States and around the world will receive the rules packet. The packet includes:
- A brief outline about the rules.
- The International Cheer Union's (ICU) Special Abilities Rules and Guidelines.
- ICU's Divisions, Rules, and Regulations.
- Special Olympics Article 1 Sport Rules.
If you are interested in starting a Special Olympics cheer program, please contact SO Cheer, firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.